Become an MFA Member
If you or your organization is interested to become a member of the MFA network, please follow and observe the following procedures:
1. Accomplish the APPLICATION FORM. Please submit the completed form as soon as possible or two weeks after receiving a communication letter.
2. Wait for the acknowledgement receipt or response from the MFA Secretariat.
3. Secure endorsements or recommendation letters from two MFA members in your country two weeks after you have received the acknowledgement reply from the MFA Secretariat.
In case there is only one MFA member in your country, submit at least ONE endorsement or recommendation letter from that MFA member in your country.
In case there are two or more MFA members in your country, submit at least TWO endorsements or recommendation letters from two MFA members in your country.
In case there is no MFA member in your country, secure at least TWO endorsement letters from any MFA member in the nearest country or from within the Sub-region in Asia where your country belongs.
4. Submit any related publication, past activities and/or programs related to migration and annual report that your organization had conducted in the past year.
5. Wait again for the acknowledgement receipt or response from the MFA Secretariat, stating that she received the supplementary documents you submitted to the Secretariat office. Usually, the Secretariat will inform you that the membership application process takes at least 1.5 months. The MFA Executive Committee reviews all applications received by the Secretariat. Expect an immediate response if there are no problems or questions about your application.
6. If the MFA EC approves your application, your organization will be given Provisionary Membership to MFA. Provisionary membership entitles one organization of the same privileges as the other regular members, except that provisional members cannot vote during the MFA General Forum and during interim decision making meetings.
7. The declaration and recognition of your full membership to MFA is awarded and granted by the General Forum during the General Forum Meeting.
Pay your Membership fee* of:
USD 100 (for grassroots organization)
USD 200 (for NGOs)
USD 300 (for regional network organization)
*Membership fee is a one-time fee paid to MFA for your application.
Pay annually regular membership dues of:
USD 10 (for grassroots organization)
USD 20 (for NGOs)
USD 30 (for regional network organization)
The MFA Secretariat will inform you if there are changes made in the membership approval procedures, and if these changes would affect your application.