As part of International Migrants Day: Global Celebration of Our Rights and Our Struggle for Justice, a full day event on 18 December 2020 (Friday) at 6:00PM-7:00PM Manila/11:00AM-12:00AM CET, Migrant Forum in Asia (MFA), together with the Cross-Regional Center for Refugees and Migrants (CCRM), Global Research Forum on Diaspora and Transnationalism (GRFDT), and the Civil Society Action Committee (AC), will be holding a Special Session on the 2nd Anniversary of the Adoption of the Global Compact for Migration (GCM).
The special session is scheduled on 18 December 2020 (Friday) at 8:00PM-10:00PM Manila time/1:00PM-3:00PM CET.It will aim to focus on some of the key issues and concerns that played a key role during the negotiations of the GCM and to assess where we are now, two years post-adoption. Interpretation will be available in three languages: Arabic, French, and Spanish.
We will be joined by the following panelists:
1. Jonathan Prentice, Head, Secretariat of the UN Network on Migration
2. Fernando de la Mora, Coordinator for Social, Economic, Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs at the Permanent Mission of Mexico to the United Nations
3. Shahidul Haque, Former Foreign Secretary of Bangladesh
4. Tendayi Bloom, Lecturer in Politics and International Studies, University of Birmingham, UK
5. Shabari Nair, Labour Migration Specialist for South Asia, International Labour Organization (ILO)
6. Sophie Van Haasen, Mayors Mechanism Coordinator, Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD)
To join the special session and the full day celebration of International Migrants Day, REGISTER HERE: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcvce6qqDkiEtTO_GhgGMP5xeuYGBQROFVY
Click here to view the full programme for International Migrants Day: https://mfasia.org/international-migrants-day-18-december-2020/